Posted on Aug 29, 2007 | Comments 0
- Meth Use May Speed Age-Related Brain Decline
Young people who abuse methamphetamines may put themselves at risk of Parkinson’s-like movement disorders later in life.
- ‘Junk Sleep’ Damaging Teenagers’ Health
British teenagers are damaging their health by not getting enough sleep because they are distracted by electronic gadgets in their bedrooms.
- Stroke Outcome Improves When Patients Continue Taking Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs
A new study has illustrated the risks involved when statin treatment is discontinued after a stroke and shows an increased risk of death or dependency is present for up to 90 days.
- Hypnosis Reduces Pain And Costs In Breast Cancer Surgery
Breast cancer surgery patients often suffer side effects such as pain, nausea, and fatigue during and after their operation. The use of hypnosis prior to breast cancer surgery reduced the amount of anesthesia administered during the operation, the level of pain reported afterwards, and the time and cost of the procedure.
- Evaluating The Urinary Tract System Using A Low Radiation Dose
The split-bolus (cross sectional imaging) MDCT urography technique reduces both radiation dose and number of images produced.
- New Cancer Fighter May Help ICU Patients Beat Infections
HSP 90 inhibitors, which are finding favor in fighting cancer, help to battle overwhelming infection in intensive care patients.
- Blood HDL Cholesterol Levels Influence Association Of Alcohol Intake With Blood Pressure In Young Men
A large new Japanese study suggests that middle-aged men who drink heavily could see their blood pressure rise, regardless of whether their levels of “good” cholesterol also go up.
- Gamma Globulin Helped Fight Pinkeye: Study
A new way is found to use an old therapy to fight pinkeye, a common but pesky eye infection. Pinkeye or conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the clear membrane that lines the eyelid and part of the eyeball.
- Biologic Treatment For Rheumatoid Arthritis And The Risk Of Cancer
The relationship between rheumatoid arthritis (RA), an autoimmune disease marked by chronic inflammation of the joints and tissue surrounding vital organs and the incidence of cancer is complicated.
Posted in: Health News