Posted on Aug 16, 2007 | Comments 2
Basically the Infection will be caused by microorganisms. It is known as the situation that was created when dangerous germs or microorganisms enters into your body.
Sinus infection is the viral infection that is caused in the upper respiratory track. Sinus infection will cause damage to the sinus lining which is present in the upper respiratory track.
The hollow air spaces that are present in the human body are known as sinuses.
These sinuses will be situated inside the bones of skull surrounding the nose or within the skull. There are four types of sinuses.
- The frontal sinuses will be located in the brow area above the eyes.
- The maxillary sinuses will be located within the cheekbones.
- The ethmoid sinuses will be located just at the back of the link between the nose and eyes.
- The sphenoid sinuses will be located behind ethmoids in the top region of nose and after the eyes.
All the above sinuses will have the opening into the nose for the exchange of mucus and air. These four sinuses will be joined to nasal passage by mucous membrane lining. The infection that causes in the nose, an allergic reaction or any other immune reactions will cause sinus allergies.
The symptoms that you feel if you have sinus infection
- You will have facial pains.
- You can feel tenderness at the sinus areas.
- You will have the mild headache.
- Your nasal drainage will be thick and will be colored in creamy yellow.
- Your cough will be itchy.
- You will get upper jaw pain.
- You will have sore throat.
- You can feel the bad breath.
- Your energy levels will be low.
- Your eyelids will be swollen.
Treatment for sinus infection at your home
You can cure sinus infection at your home by taking proper self care. The various methods that you should follow to cure sinus at home are:
- You should promote drainage.
- You should drink plenty of water and hot beverages that have the hydrating nature such as tea.
- You should inhale steam daily for two to five times by adding mentholated preparations into the water. The process of inhalation can be done in two ways. The first way is by leaning over a container which consists of a boiling hot water. The second way is by using steam vaporizer. You can also reduce sinus by taking a hot, steamy shower.
- Thin your mucus by the drugs that can help to drive out mucus from respiratory passage and lungs.
- The medications such as ibuprofen, acetaminophen and aspirin can be used to reduce inflammation and pain. These medications can also reduce swelling by opening the airways.
If you follow the above tips regularly you can reduce your sinus infection. If sinus infection is still uncontrollable by following the above tips also, then go to your doctor. He will give the proper suggestion to you for your sinus infection. If you have high sinus infection your doctor will prefer to do surgery.
Posted in: Allergies