Posted on Oct 02, 2007 | Comments 0
- Study: Panic Attack May Signal Future Heart Problems
The rapid pulse and shortness of breath of a panic attack can feel like a heart attack, and it may signal heart trouble down the road, a study of more than 3,000 older women suggests.
- Lower Metabolism, Changes In Eating Behavior Possible Explanations For The Cause Of Being Overweight With Narcolepsy
A lower metabolism, as well as slight changes in eating behavior, could explain the positive energy balance leading to being overweight with narcolepsy.
- Eye Condition, If Left Untreated In Children, May Result In Permanent Visual Disability
When a child is farsighted or has astigmatism or has both conditions in both eyes, bilateral amblyopia may develop. In contrast to single-eye amblyopia or “lazy eye,” where one eye presents an unclear image to the brain, bilateral amblyopia affects both eyes and is less common.
- Stress At Work ‘Can Increase Breast Cancer Risk By A Third’
Women who feel stressed at work could be at a dramatically increased risk of developing breast cancer, a study suggests.
- Depressed People Crave Chocolate – Study
ALMOST half of people who suffer depression have chocolate cravings, and most say it improves their mood, an Australian study has found.
- Stop Eating For Two: Obese Moms-To-Be Should Gain Less Weight Than Currently Recommended
Severely obese women should lose weight during pregnancy, while obese women who are pregnant should gain less weight than currently recommended, a Saint Louis University study finds.
Posted in: Health News