Posted on Oct 11, 2007 | Comments 0
- Investigating Link Between Male Testosterone Levels And Marital Status
A fascinating new study is the first outside of North America to observe lower testosterone levels among married men. Supporting a growing body of research, the study reveals that even married men who are considered aloof spouses and provide minimal parenting have much lower testosterone levels than single, unmarried men.
- Increased Risk Of Heart Disease Death With Prostate Cancer Therapy
The use of androgen deprivation therapy to treat localized prostate cancer is associated with an increased risk of death from heart disease, according to a study published online October 9 in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
- Now Pregnant Women Are Told: ‘It IS Safe To Drink Daily Glass Of Wine’
Confusion over whether women can safely drink during pregnancy deepened yesterday with new guidance stating that a small glass of wine a day is okay.
- Allergies Linked To Lower Risk Of Brain Cancer
People with a history of allergies and related diseases have nearly a third lower risk of developing a certain brain cancer than those without the condition.
- Study Finds Possible Link Between Tooth Loss, Dementia
Tooth loss may predict the development of dementia late in life, according to a study by University of Kentucky researchers.
- Throat Bacteria May Predict Childhood Asthma
If bacteria colonize the throat of a one-month-old infant, the risk of later persistent wheezing and asthma is sharply increased, researchers here found.
Posted in: Health News