Posted on Nov 22, 2007 | Comments 0
0 Flares 0 Flares ×
- New Discoveries About Nitric Oxide Can Provide Drugs For Schizophrenia Problems with memory and social function in patients with schizophrenia may result from an imbalance in the brain’s nitric oxide system.
- Drug Combination Effective For Multiple Myeloma
Researchers from the Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania announced today that findings from two large, international clinical trials show unprecedented survival for patients with multiple myeloma, a cancer that occurs in the blood-making cells of bone marrow.
- Environmental Toxins May Limit Fertility In Offspring
Mothers who are exposed to certain toxic environmental compounds prior to pregnancy could limit their offspring’s fertility, says a new study by researchers at U of T and Mount Sinai Hospital’s Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute.
- Prenatal Cocaine Exposure Cuts Blood Flow To Brain
Babies born to mothers who used cocaine while pregnant show a reduction in blood flow to the brain when they reach adolescence, according to a report in the journal Pediatrics.
- Older People Who Live Alone More Likely To Be Unhappy
Older people living alone are more likely to be depressed, lonely and unhappy and to be less satisfied with life than those living with others, according to new research.
Posted in: Health News