Posted on Feb 12, 2008 | Comments 1
Anorexia nervosa is a common illness which is mostly seen in teenage girls and women.
Not only girls, it can also affect boys and men, but theses cases are very rare.
People with this eating disorder are mainly possessed with the food and their normal body weight.
Anorexia nervosa is more importantly a psychic disorder, in which you go beyond controlled dieting.
It is very essential to treat this kind of psychological eating disorder in order to avoid vitamin and mineral deficiency. These are certain tips which can be helpful for you to reduce the symptoms of anorexia nervosa.
Certain nutritional guidelines for anorexics:
- Maintaining a diet with orange or carrot juice is a primary step which you need to consider, if you are suffering with anorexia nervosa. Take orange or carrot juice for every 2 hours combining with warm water for three to five days.
- Try to maintain a fruit diet with 3 meals in a day for at least three days and then start taking foods which can be easily digestible like butter milk, juicy fruits etc. for 10 days and finally start a well balanced diet which includes raw vegetables, fruits, grains and also nuts and seeds.
- Oranges and apples can be helpful in stimulating the digestive juices and also helps to improve your digestion process. It mainly increases your appetite and help in reducing the symptoms of anorexia nervosa.
- Try to mix lime juice and ginger juice in equal proportions. Add sufficient rock salt to this solution and keep it in sun for 3 days. Try to take one table spoon of this syrup daily after taking your meal. This syrup can help you in increasing your appetite and you can easily avoid the symptoms of anorexia nervosa.
- Try to avoid processed foods made with refined sugars and certain products of refined sugars like candies and soft drinks.
- Try to maintain a well balanced diet which mainly includes quality protein sources like eggs and also vegetable protein shakes.
- Try to limit the water intake up to 6 to 8 glasses daily. Drinking water is very essential for your body, but it should be in specified limits. Do not try to fill up your stomach only with water.
These are certain nutritional tips which can be very useful for you to reduce and also to avoid the manifestations which are mainly caused due to anorexia nervosa.
Posted in: Eating Disorders