Posted on Feb 21, 2008 | Comments 0
Herbs can be used for the treatment of bone cancer. Herbal therapies can make treatment of the disease more effective and bearable.
However, Herbal medicines used in the treatment for bone cancer cannot be replaced by the normal medications.
Certain herbs, which are helpful for you in treating bone cancer are given here. For greatest benefits, choose the one which is appropriate for you after discussing with your health care provider.
Herbs used for bone cancer treatment:
Generally, using herbs can be the safest way to strengthen and tone your body systems. It is very essential for you to seek medical advice before you start any new treatment in order to avoid adverse effects. Some of the major herbs used for treating the bone cancer include:
- Green tea (camellia sinensis): A daily dose of 250-500 mg of this consistent extract can improve your immune system. It acts as anti-oxidant and also anti-cancerous substance and fights against the development of cancer cells, responsible for bone cancer in your body.
- Cat’s claw (uncaria tomentosa): This herb can be helpful in providing anti bacterial and anti fungal effect to your body. In addition to this, a daily intake of 20mg of this consistent extract three times in a day can be used in the treatment of bone cancer.
- An extract of fermented wheat germ: It is usually available in packets. Try to mix 1 packet of this extract in your favorite beverage and take it once in a day. It is mainly helpful in giving support for immune system in your body.
- Milk thistle (silybum marianum): This standardized extract is also helpful for you in treating bone cancer. To get better detoxification support for your body, try to take 80-160mg of this extract three times in a day.
- Combine cone flower (Echinacea Angustifolia), red clover (Trifolium Pretense), poke root (Phytolacca Americana), yellow dock (Rumex Crispus), gotu kola (Centella Asiatic) and plantain (Plantago Lanceolata) in equal parts. 30-60 drops of this mixture, three times in a day for at least six weeks can be helpful in treating bone cancer.
These are certain herbs which are helpful in treating bone cancer. It is always advisable to seek medical advice before trying these herbs.
Posted in: Cancers