Posted on Feb 15, 2008 | Comments 0
Are you worried about feeling anxious without any particular reason? Then it could be due to generalized anxiety disorder.
It is very common for every one to feel anxious at particular situation in daily life.
In fact, this anxiety can help you to respond to certain appropriate dangers. But, if you feel anxious without any reason, then it can be some thing unusual.
How to differentiate between normal anxiety and anxiety disorder?
The most important primary manifestations of anxiety disorder include fear and worry. However, the disorder of anxiety is mainly characterized with certain physical and emotional symptoms.
Some of these symptoms are mentioned here, which can help you to identify anxiety disorder.
Emotional or psychological manifestations:
- Self consciousness and felling of insecurity
- Confusion in taking decisions
- Feeling restless
- Fear that you are dying
- Nervousness and behavior problems
- Chest pain
- Hot flashes or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Frequent urination or diarrhea
These are some of the important symptoms which are commonly seen in persons who have anxiety disorder.
Factors inter-related with anxiety disorder:
Many complex factors can contribute towards the development of anxiety disorder. Some of the most important factors include:
Environmental factors: Such as poverty, strict parents, early separation from mother, family conflicts and lack of strong support can lead to chronic anxiety.
Personal qualities: Most of the people with anxiety disorder often feel that they are powerless and the world as life threatening place. This pessimistic character can lead to poor managing skills and low self confidence.
Heredity: If you have a family history of anxiety disorders and other mood disorders, then you are more prone to be affected with these types of psychological disorders.
Trauma: Any traumatic event such as a car accident can develop anxiety disorder in you. Anxiety can also have its roots in your early stages of life abuse.
Certain self healing tips:
- Daily exercises can be an effective treatment for anxiety disorders.
- Try to get sufficient sleep as lack of sleep can increase the risk of anxiety.
- Practicing certain relaxation techniques such as visualization and also deep breathing can decrease the risk of anxiety.
- Developing healthy food habits can help you to fight against stress and anxiety.
Posted in: Mental Disorders