Posted on Mar 24, 2008 | Comments 0
Most of the times ovarian cancer is called as silent killer as it does not show any kind of symptoms or manifestations of cancer till it reaches to the advanced phase of cancer.
Most of the women, almost one third of the total population, can suffer with some or the other type of cancer in their life time and almost one half of this percentage are experiencing cancer in their ovaries.
Identify the cancer in early stages in order to avoid complications
The early symptoms of an ovarian cancer are very mild and difficult to identify. Some of the early signs of ovarian cancer which can help you to identify the abnormality in the growth of ovarian cells are given here.
Whenever you notice these abnormalities, immediately consult the doctor for proper prevention of cancer.
- Experiencing abnormal bleeding.
- Swelling in the abdomen which is often accompanied with a pain.
- An abnormal or unusual feeling of discomfort in the pelvic region.
- Unusual indigestion problem, formation of gas or bloating that is not giving any relief even after the use of antacids.
- Severe pain during sexual intercourse.
These symptoms mostly do not indicate an ovarian cancer, but you can be at higher risks of developing the cancer, if you experience these symptoms repeatedly. So, it is very essential for you to consult the doctor immediately before the cancer reaches advanced stage.
Some of the manifestations which you can experience in later stages include:
- Unexplained sudden loss of body weight or on the other side you can also experience severe weight gain.
- Severe low back pain.
- You can also experience persistent lack of energy or fatigue.
- Certain urinary disorders like urinary urgency can also increase the chances of developing ovarian cancer.
- Increased growth in abdominal region.
- Abnormalities in menstrual cycle and also abnormal growth of hair and unusual pubertal growth can also be a sign of ovarian cancer.
- Loss of appetite.
At least one successful pregnancy can decrease the risk of ovarian cancer for you. In order to decrease the risk of developing ovarian cancer, some of you can go for tubal ligation or hysterectomy, depending on the severity of the manifestations.
Try to seek medical advice from your health care provider before under going any kind of surgical treatment for ovarian cancer.
Posted in: Cancers