Posted on Mar 01, 2008 | Comments 0
Most of the parents are worried about their 3 year old child, who are not capable to listen a story from beginning to end or cannot complete any drawing.
Those children might have attention deficit disorder.
But it becomes very essential to know that most of the preschoolers usually have a very short attention span and they can’t stick to one particular activity for long time. So don’t get worried about them, these things are very common in kids.
Most common behavioral problems associated with attention deficit disorder include lack of attention, lacking concentration in particular tasks with his or her inability to produce, impulsive behavior and also hyperactivity.
This behavioral disorder is most common chronic disorder which affects millions of children and it also continues to their adulthood.
Most of the medical researchers have recognized this attention deficit disorder in children into three basic forms. These basic forms include inattentive, hyperactive-impulsiveness and also combination of both.
Behavior of the child with attention deficit disorder:
- Mostly, children with this disorder fail to pay close attention and make most careless mistakes in school works and also in other activities.
- A child with this type of attention deficit disorder often experience problem in sustaining attention during certain tasks.
- They often seem as if they are not listening, even if you speak to them directly.
- Children with attention deficit disorder often face difficulty in following the instructions given to them.
- Most frequently, they lose certain essential items such as books, pencils, etc.
- Easily gets distracted.
Indications of hyperactivity impulsiveness:
- You can suspect an attention deficit disorder in your child if he\she often runs or climbs exceptionally, when it is not appropriate.
- A child who faces difficulty in playing quietly at all times can be suspected to have this disorder.
- Children with attention deficit disorder often talks excessively.
- Usually children with this behavior disorder come out with answers before you complete the question.
- Very frequently children with this disorder often interfere with others’ conversations and games.
These are some of the indications for you to identify this particular behavioral disorder. Don’t get confused with normal behavior of a child and the behavior of a kid having attention deficit disorder. If you suspect any disorder in your kid, try to consult the doctor and get proper advice.
Posted in: Childhood Disorders