Posted on Jul 07, 2008 | Comments 0
Back aches are triggered due to many reasons. So, first determine the exact cause for your back pain, before you start your search for backache treatment.
Constipation, sitting or standing in wrong posture continuously, menstrual problems and also gout are some of the main reasons that are responsible for backaches.
The pain that you experience in your backache can be exacerbating and it can potentially affect your over all health. If you have mild backaches, it is easy to find relief with over-the-counter medications.
But, persistent backaches are a sign of any underlying health condition. If at all you experience persistent backaches, immediately consult your general physician and get overall health check up.
Here are certain effective ways to get rid of backaches. These methods can mostly help you if you have minor or mild backaches.
- Back Exercises are one of the best ways to prevent backache. However, if you have any previous episodes of back injuries, try to be more careful while performing exercises.
- Avoid extreme body weight gain and always try to maintain good posture while you sit or stand. Wear comfortable low-heeled shoes. Support your lower back part effectively when you are driving for long distances.
- If your backache is disturbing your sleep at nights, try to choose firmer mattress on your bed. If firmer mattress is out of your budget, sleep on your back with large pillow below your knees with your usual pillow beneath the head.
- Gently massage (Alexander technique) your painful back area and put a hot towel on that specific back area. If necessary, you can take help of backache medication with better medical prescription.
- If you feel that your regular physical activities are making you to experience severe back pain, try to alter your activities to get better backache relief.
- Lift heavy loads in a proper way by keeping your knees bent and back straight. While lifting heavy loads, always hold the load much close to your body and straighten your knees.
- Citrus fruits, which are the main sources of vitamin-C, significantly help you to get rid of backache. So, try to include more amounts of fresh citrus fruits like oranges in your routine meal plan. Citrus fruits contain best anti-oxidant qualities that help in preventing various infectious diseases, apart from giving better relief for your backaches.
Implement these certain ways for your backache relief and get rid of disgusting back pain from your healthy life. Get necessary support from any experienced health expert to avoid future health complications.
Posted in: Muscle & Bone Disorders