Posted on Nov 27, 2008 | Comments 0
Eating disorders can seriously cause both emotional and physical damage for you.
While many of you usually try to hide the problem, there will be few warning signs, which you must essentially give importance.
Early and appropriate eating disorder treatment makes your recovery easier task for you.
Eating disorder treatments usually involves nutrition education, family counseling, medications, psychotherapy and also hospitalization.
Actually, the treatment for this disorder mainly depends up on the type of eating disorder. Here are few treatment options available for any type of eating disorder.
- Psychotherapy: This kind of eating disorder treatment can help you to learn how to change your unhealthy eating habits, monitor your eating and moods and also develops problem solving skills. So, you can explore different healthy ways to cope up with stressful situations. Psychotherapy also helps you to improve your relationships and mood. Cognitive behavioral therapy is the most common eating disorder treatment used to solve your eating problems.
- Nutrition education: You can take help from your dietician or your personal health care provider to know more about healthy diet. Good nutrition education can help you to design a perfect eating plan to attain healthy eating habits and also healthy weight.
- Medications: Actually medications are not best suited for eating disorder treatment. They are not appropriate to cure your eating problems. But, they can help you to control the urge to binge or to manage your excessive anxiety with food and diet. Anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications can help you with serious manifestations of depression and anxiety that are frequently related with eating disorders.
If you have serious health problems or if your life is at risk, your doctor may recommend hospitalization. Specialized eating disorder treatment programs offer you more intense treatments over long periods of time.
Lifestyle changes to manage eating disorder!
If you are really concerned about your eating disorder, you have to consider few lifestyle changes to manage your eating disorder. Few of them include:
- Maintain a balanced approach to food, dieting and exercise.
- Identify your triggers and avoid them as possible as you can.
- Stick to your treatment plan and never try to skip your treatment sessions.
- Don’t isolate yourself from your caring family members, who want to see you healthy and happy always.
- Take suggestions from your health care provider about what kind of exercises are appropriate for you.
Apart from having regular treatment for your eating disorder, it is very essential for you to consider these changes.
Posted in: Eating Disorders