Posted on Dec 08, 2008 | Comments 2
High body cholesterol is major reason for various health problems.
So, it is very important for you to lower the cholesterol count as low as possible to maintain better health.
Diet plays a very vital role in lowering your body cholesterol.
Here are few tweaks that you can include in your regular diet to lower cholesterol in your body.
- Oat meal: Oat meal contains high soluble fiber that can reduce bad cholesterol in your body. It can be a perfect choice for your breakfast, if you are really trying to reduce your body cholesterol.
- Walnuts and almonds: Recent studies have shown that Walnuts can considerably reduce cholesterol in your blood. These nuts, rich in polyunsaturated fat, keep your blood vessels healthy and elastic. Even almonds have similar effect as that of walnuts and help you greatly in reducing your body cholesterol.
- Pomegranate juice: Studies of National Academy of Sciences have shown that pomegranate juice can help significantly to reduce body cholesterol and also plaque buildup in your body.
- Fish: Fishes, particularly salmon, are rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids and helps greatly in reducing LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) in your body. It also helps you in raising HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) and prevents other health risks.
- Beans: Beans are rich sources of fiber and allows your body to eliminate unhealthy cholesterol through your body system.
- Olive oil: Some research suggests that Olive oil has amazing effects in lowering your body cholesterol. Especially, if you choose extra virgin Olive oil, it will be very beneficial for your health.
Posted in: General Health