Posted on Jan 20, 2009 | Comments 1
Are you worried with sleep problems of your ADHD child? There are several reasons for sleep problems in children with ADHD.
However, getting enough sleep is most important thing for an ADHD child to improve mental skills.
Here are few helpful tips for you to provide better sleep for your children.
- Create environment for better sleep. This is extremely important if you have sleep problems. Ensure that you make special area in your home which is quiet and aids good sleep for your child.
- Turn off the lights in your child’s room. If your child has sleep problems like nightmares, fix dim lights in your child room, so that he/she may not get scared when wakes up at mid night.
- Check whether or not your child gets plenty of physical activity and exercise in their daily routine. But, be careful, avoid exercising right before going to bed.
- Ensure that your child follows consistent daily routine with scheduled bed time routine. Scheduled bedtime routines are extremely important for children with ADHD problem.
- Don’t ever try to encourage sleep medications in your child to provide quality sleep. If medications are fairly essential for your child, take necessary suggestions from your child’s personal doctor. Discuss about effectiveness and safety of sleep medications and then proceed with the treatment.
Posted in: Mental Disorders