Posted on Jan 08, 2009 | Comments 0
Have you ever suffered with knee injury? Only persons who’ve suffered with knee injuries can know how debilitating knee pain is.
For everyone, despite of age, sex, nature of work, maintaining healthy knees is most essential part of living healthy life.
Here are few tips that can help you to prevent knee injuries and maintain healthy knees.
- Wear appropriate equipment: If you are into sports, wear appropriate equipment like kneepads, shin guards, while practicing or in competitions, which protect your knees from injuries.
- Wear proper foot wear: Wearing proper shoes and foot wear also help you significantly in reducing your risk of knee injuries.
- Practice warm up exercises: Before practicing routine exercises, it is very essential to practice warm up exercises in order to minimize risk of various workout injuries, including knee injuries.
- Practice knee strengthening exercises: Exercises like squats, deadlifts and other isolation exercises like leg curl and leg extension can help you a lot in preventing knee injuries.
- Maintain strong bones: Lack of proper stability and strength in bones also leads to knee injuries. So, include proper bone care in your regular health maintenance.
- Balanced diet: For maintaining strong muscles and bones, balanced diet plays a vital role. So, ensure that you include enough vitamins and minerals, particularly calcium in your routine diet to reduce risk of knee injuries.
Posted in: Muscle & Bone Disorders