Posted on Feb 10, 2009 | Comments 0
When your body is extremely tired and needs to rest, at times you may encounter some snoring and it’s quite normal for that to happen.
If you have this as a part of your sleep routine, then it can lead to some serious health complications.
As soon as you notice such problem, take the necessary steps to cure or prevent it from persisting further.
Here are a few natural ways that can help you in eradicating your snoring disorder.
- Most of the time snoring takes place when there is partial blockage of air in the throat. In order to prevent this blockage of air, put some extra pillows under your head to raise your level.
- Do you sleep on your back? If you sleep on your back to avoid snoring try sleeping on your side. This can help to prevent blockage of air passage and keeps them open when you sleep.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, particularly 4 hours before bedtime, because alcohol actually relaxes muscles and accordingly accelerate to collapse muscles in your throat. This increases the condition from bad to worst.
- Medications like sleeping pill or other antihistamines for allergies (allergy medications) can cause snoring. So, if you are in the course of these particular medications avoid taking them before bed time.
- Being overweight also triggers snoring problem. Examine your weight regularly and if you are carrying some extra body pounds, shed those extra pounds by following a healthy weight loss method.
Posted in: Sleep Disorders