Posted on Mar 07, 2009 | Comments 0
Are you diagnosed with high blood pressure?
You don’t always need to use medications to reduce or control your high blood pressure.
Simple changes in lifestyle will be enough to combat high blood pressure and to reestablish normal blood pressure levels.
Here are some of the most effective ways to control high blood pressure without using any medicines or drugs.
- Determine your ideal body weight based on several factors like age and height. Check your weight and try to shed some extra body pounds if you have any, because more often blood pressure increases with the increase of your body weight.
- Practice regular exercises and incorporate enough physical activity in your routine life. Many health experts believe that 30 to 60 minutes of exercise in 3 to 4 days within a week can be beneficial for people with high blood pressure.
- Make every meal in a day balanced with all essential vitamins and minerals. Reduce intake of sodium and at the same time increase intake of potassium.
- Put an end to unhealthy habits like using tobacco products, secondhand smoke, excessive alcohol consumption, etc.
- Cut back on caffeine, even though the role of caffeine in high blood pressure is still controversial, it is suggested that those with high blood pressure take no more than 200 milligrams a day.
- Eliminate stimulants of stress and reduce your exposure to stress that can temporarily sky rocket your blood pressure levels to its maximum.
- Regularly visit your health care provider that can help you to keenly monitor and consequently control high blood pressure levels.
Posted in: Blood Disorders