Posted on Sep 29, 2009 | Comments 0
Constipation is a difficult and painful condition that many people simply learn to live with.
However constipation is not something that you should continue to suffer or ignore since it could be caused by an underlying problem of which it is only a symptom.
Also constipation can lead to several more serious problems, so shouldn’t be ignored:
- Constipation over an extended period can cause Hemorrhoids or fissures which can bleed and be extremely painful, to say nothing of embarrassing.
- It could also lead to severe constipation, also known as obstipation that prevents passage of both stools and gas.
- Constipation could also lead to injury to the anal sphincter, which is also why it should not be ignored.
Chronic Constipation could be a sign of other problems:
- That one has an inadequate or poor intake, lacking in essential nutrients and fiber.
- It could signify that a person is drinking insufficient amounts of fluids or is actually dehydrated.
- Constipation could be sign that certain medications, supplements such as iron or diuretics are not suiting your system and may require to be changed.
- Constipation could also be a symptom of hypothyroidism
- Lactose intolerance.
- Abnormality of the digestive track.
- Obstruction in the intestine.
- A sign of the body suffering from some other illness or disease.
For all these reasons constipation is not something that one should ignore.
Posted in: Digestive & Intestinal Disorders