Posted on Nov 09, 2009 | Comments 1
Stimulating your intestinal process is an appropriate way to make you have a bowel movement.
If you are constipated or feeling sick it may be a good idea to encourage your system to rid itself of toxins and what not.
Essentially foods that will stimulate your system are foods with large quantities of fiber in them.
It seems as we get older we need a little help in this area, however just by simply increasing our fiber intake with foods that are extremely healthy and offer a plethora of other benefits we can make ourselves regular.
And for those people who aren’t yet concerned about regularity it is a great way to keep your system clean of toxins.
- Turnip greens have a plethora of health benefits besides being a great source of dietary fiber. [fiber food]
- Almonds have the most fiber from the nut family. Almonds are easily worked into meals as well.
- Before you even scrunch your nose at the word, have you ever even tried Brussel sprouts? You should because they are an excellent source of fiber.
- Cherries are chock full of fiber.
- Rye bread and rye crackers consist of the rye grain. The rye grain is what gives the food its fiber content. Rye is an excellent source of fiber.
- Among all the other health benefits, broccoli is also an excellent source of fiber.
- Green beans are in the bean group that offers the highest source of fiber. All beans in the bean group do offer substantial amounts of fiber however.
- Beets are an excellent source of fiber.
- Kale is a leafy green vegetable. It is not very well known but it is an excellent source of fiber and has a rather plain taste so it would not be difficult to work it into a menu or meal.
- Collard greens are extremely healthy all around and also a great source of fiber.
- Swiss chard can be included in many recipes and is a great source of fiber.
- Raspberries and blackberries are incredible sources of fiber and they are so good! You can put them with low-fat yogurt for a great after-meal treat.
- Strawberries are full of fiber.
- Apples with the skin on are a great source of fiber but make sure to keep the skins on.
- Spinach is very similar to broccoli in the properties and health benefits as well as it being a good source of fiber.
Posted in: Digestive & Intestinal Disorders