Posted on Feb 19, 2010 | Comments 1
The Gallup poll presented the ten best states for well being in the United States. The poll recorded people’s feeling of well-being on a scale from one to 100; 100 being ideal well-being.
- Hawaii with its beautiful beaches, salubrious climate and scenic locales recorded the highest degree of wellbeing with 70.2 points.
- Utah which was at no 1 last year came in second with 68.3 points.
- Montana residents also thought their quotient of well-being was as high with the same number of points at Utah, 68.3.
- Minnesota with its vast stretches of prairie land comes next with 67.8 points.
- Iowa known to some as the “Food capital of the world” is next on the list at 67.6 points.
- The north eastern state of Vermont is in next with 67.4 points.
- Colorado, with its spectacular scenic beauty including mountains, lakes, river and plains comes next with 67.3 points.
- Also polling 67.3 points is the northern most state of Alaska, the cold being no deterrent to well-being.
- North Dakota also polled 67.3 points.
- Kansas was next with 67.2.
Posted in: Health News