Posted on Apr 23, 2010 | Comments 0
Exercising can make you feel hungrier and make you eat more. This can be counterproductive for those that are trying to maintain a healthy body weight.
Use these tips to counter this problem:
- Eat at least 20 grams of fiber every day. Vegetables, fruits and whole grains are good sources and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Calcium and Vitamin D are good for the bones and also help to lose weight. Dairy is the best source for both the nutrients and one must strive to eat 3 servings a day to meet daily requirements.
- Eat good fats – mono unsaturated fats, Omega three fatty acids are good for you and can be sourced from fish, nuts, etc. These fats are heart healthy, and make you feel full for longer periods.
- Protein should be source from lean cuts of meat such as chicken, turkey, pork loin and fish. Aim for three servings a day to help yourself feel full for longer and give your body a number of essential nutrients.
- Drink enough water. It is able to increase the amount of energy or calories that your body is able to burn. Also it helps to cut out on other calorie laden beverages that are bad for you such as sodas.
- Sip green tea each day. Recommended quantity: 3 cups
Posted in: General Health