Posted on Jul 22, 2013 | Comments 0
Dry scalp is a very common problem for men and although this is a harmless condition, it can cause a lot of irritation and annoyance to those who suffer from it. Dryness in the scalp may lead to dandruff which might fall on the skin and cause skin problems as well and hence a dry scalp must be treated immediately. There are various dry scalp remedies for men which can be followed at home. If these remedies don’t work, then a person should opt for medical consultation or the advice of a dermatologist. You can read the following given treatment methods for a dry scalp in men:
Remedies for Dry Scalp
- One of the best ways to treat a dry scalp in the case of men is by giving a regular hot oil massage or treatment.
- Another way to treat a dry and itchy scalp is to make a hot oil remedy consisting of three tablespoons of castor oil, olive oil, coconut or primrose oil and heating this mixture until it is thoroughly warmed. Now by using the fingertips, this mixture is to be massaged on the scalp and the hair. This treatment will definitely reduce the signs of a dry scalp.
- Most men only use shampoo to wash their hair and this might not be enough to treat the dandruff or dryness of the scalp. Using conditioner after shampoo on the hair is an effective way to overcome this problem.
- One can also apply almond oil before washing the hair on the scalp so as to reduce the amount of dryness and dandruff.
- Some other natural things that can be applied on the scalp to treat dryness are lemon juice, aloe vera, apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil.
- Apart from the physical application remedies, one can also adopt a healthier diet to get rid of the annoying dry scalp. Men must include lots of fruits, vegetables in their diet and drink a lot of water throughout the day.
- If you have tried all of the above methods but in vain, then you must consult a skin doctor or a dermatologist as you might be suffering from the condition of seborrheic dermatitis which is the cause of persistent dandruff and dry scalp. A dermatologist will recommend a medically tested shampoo or some effective medication to treat your scalp condition and this medication must be followed properly.
Posted in: Skin Disorders