Posted on Sep 12, 2013 | Comments 0
Diabetic neuropathy also known as peripheral neuropathy is a nerve condition which affects most of the diabetic patients. This condition causes a sensation of stabbing and burning in hands, feet and especially the toes. Pharmaceutical or conventional medicines might not always be helpful in managing such tingling and numb feeling in the affected parts. Thus, a number of home remedies for diabetic foot pain have been found to provide immediate relief for such medical conditions.
Herbs, Supplements and Exercises
Research on modern and natural medicines has found a holistic approach towards treating such neurological conditions. This holistic approach involves the use of herbs, natural ingredients, and other convenient home procedures to treat diabetic neuropathy. Change in lifestyle, dietary adjustments and doing regular exercise helps patients who are suffering from diabetic neuropathy, to a great extent.
- External application of topical ingredients like cayenne pepper along with olive oil provides great relief to people suffering from acute diabetic foot pain. The ingredient makes the skin feel warm and binds the various pain receptors of the affected area. Regular application helps to reduce the pain over a period of time.
- Fish oil contains fatty acids in the form of Omega 3 which provide naturally formed fat. This type of healthy fat helps to soothe and calm the nerves of the foot or the affected area and relieves the particular body part from pain and inflammation of any sort. Flax seeds and evening primrose oil also contain Omega 3.
- Acupuncture help to reduce stress hormone which increases blood sugar levels. Stress enhances neuropathic problems and treating it through methods of acupuncture help to reduce pain and inflammation in the foot.
- Lecithin, a natural fat emulsifier found in the body poses great importance in producing and transmitting energy. Lecithin helps to reduce neuropathic pain by protecting the liver and pancreas from oils which are rich in Trans-fats and hydrogenated fats.
- High dose of Vitamin B in the diet lessens the intensity and frequency of neuropathic pain. Additional dose of Vitamin B Complex soothes and repairs the damaged nerves providing relief to the affected part.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid found naturally in the body helps to regenerate nerves which usually get damaged by diabetes. It is a sulphur containing compound which acts as an antioxidant and helps to improve circulation in the blood system. It enhances the insulin action thus preventing neuropathy problems.
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol, especially of beer, should be stopped immediately as these worsen the circulation of the blood to various parts of the body, causing increased neuropathic pain.
Posted in: Diabetes