Herbs For Asthma Treatment
You can also use natural remedies as “asthma treatment”.
These natural remedies and herbs are used to treat various ailments along with asthma.
Nothing can really work as effective as prescription drugs, but for some extent, natural remedies can help to alleviate symptoms and control your condition.
Due to this, the daily dosage of prescription medications can be lessened.
Here are some of the natural remedies that can be used for asthma treatment:
Chamomile: This consists of 120 active ingredients and it gives soothing effect on smooth muscles. It works as a good bronchodilator. Chamomile used for asthma treatment also consists of anti-histamines and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties make it as a top herb for asthma treatment.
You can find this herb in capsule form and most of you like the taste of chamomile tea, especially when taken before bedtime. You can take this herb in combination with and thyme elecampane for every hour. This gives relief from the mild asthma symptoms.
In some individuals, this herb can also cause allergic reactions. So, you should consult your doctor or herbal practitioner before using it as a complementary treatment.
Garlic: Garlic can be used as medicine for several years for asthma treatment. Raw garlic or garlic capsules greatly help to clear mucus from the chest and also help with coughing and wheezing.
It also greatly helps to fight with cold which is often accompanied with asthma. Include garlic into everyday cooking and will be beneficial on your breathing and also deals with most of the facts of your health.
Parsley: You can easily make tea with parsley and use as an expectorant, which means that it acts as asthma treatment drug that loosen and clear mucus from respiratory tract and bronchial tubes. This makes the passage of air easier. Due to this reason, it can be effectively used as asthma treatment drug for mild symptoms.
Yerba Santa: This herb can be taken by native Indians for centuries as a treatment for bronchial congestion, asthma and hay fever. This asthma treatment herb is added to water and drunk it daily. You can buy it from a proper herbal store.
You can find many more herbs and plants that can be used as asthma treatment remedies. Some of them include: nettle, green tea, elderberry, horseradish, and liquorice. Some of these herbs can cause side effects. So, you should consult an herbal practitioner before considering complementary medicine.
Benefits of herbs for asthma treatment:
- Some of these herbs are best used as an instant pain reliever.
- Add few drops of the essential oil into a bowel of hot water and breath the fragranced steam deeply into the lungs.
- Tea tree, eucalyptus, marshmallow, liquorice, and parsley are all good oils for loosening mucus and relieving congestion.
- When you drink the herbs as a tea or tincture it will be great benefit. You can make the tea by soaking the herb or plant in hot water for 10-20 minutes and then straining the solid matter out.
- A tincture uses a mix of alcohol and water to get the beneficial ingredients out of the herbs. It takes up to two-three weeks to make a tincture. Once after making the tincture, it becomes much stronger than herbal tea.
For some of you these herbs can cause some allergic reactions. So, you need to be under your doctor’s observation while using them as asthma treatment medicines.