Effects Of Fluctuations In Normal Blood Sugar Levels In Your Body
In order to be healthy, normal blood sugar levels plays an important role.
If there are any fluctuations in your blood sugar levels, it results in high or low levels than normal BSL.
This is due to the inability of your body to use insulin to process the glucose in the blood stream.
This puts your body, health and wellbeing, even longevity in question, at risk, over the short, medium, or long-term.
Due to the abnormal blood sugar levels, your body cannot convert food into energy.
This can also cause various complications varied from numbness to loss of vision to coma. Due to inability of maintaining normal blood glucose levels, upto 17 million Americans have diabetes.
The high or low blood sugar can cause gestational diabetes or on-set during pregnancy. It results in changes in blood vessels thus putting you at risk for cardiac episodes and heart attacks; even increased risks for stroke and kidney failure.
Causes for fluctuations in normal blood sugar levels:
- High/low blood sugar is mainly due to lack of insulin or the inability to use insulin.
- Sometimes it can also be characterized as a hereditary or developmental problem with sugar metabolism. If you are experiencing this problem, there are greater chances to pass this to your children.
- Failure in the pancreas to produce enough insulin is also a cause.
- Making changes in diet, exercise and insulin can cause Juvenile diabetes, type 1 diabetes and variations in normal blood sugar levels.
- Sometimes, there are some other factors which make your condition more complex and versatile. They include:
Lack of confidence
Low self esteem
Loss of interest in life, self and challenges, others, relationships and more
Effects on your body due to the fluctuations in normal blood sugar levels:
- Amputation of limbs
- Chronic renal failure
- Eye problems, loss of sight
- Even blindness
- Erectile dysfunction
- Hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia
- Impaired mental function
- Inability to concentrate
- Increasing the risk for/of cardiovascular disease, episodes or recurring problems
- Inability for the body to heal well
- Kidney damage
- Loss of consciousness
- Memory loss
- Nerve damage
- No defense against infection
- Retinal damage
Simple solution to get through these problems:
- Children, People with type 2 diabetes and obesity can be treated with diet, exercise, and medications. In more severe conditions, you can opt for insulin.
- You can avoid early death by making changes in your lifestyle, choices and decisions. They not only lower, but also improve and maintain normal blood sugar levels and overall health and well-being.
Ignoring and not taking any care can cause and contribute damage to many organs of the body, including the retina. Some of the symptoms diabetes can cause include: excessive urination, persistent thirst, hunger, dehydration and weight.
The symptoms will be greater immediately after eating the meals. If you do not take any care, it can even cause death. Here are some conditions that results when the condition is not treated:
- Disease of small arteries
- Disease of peripheral nerves
- Inability to fight infection
- Negatively affecting white blood cells
Improving and attaining normal blood sugar levels is the only key to avoid and reduce the health risks.